11.04.2010

Battle of the Light Bars

I have spent most of the week pleading my case to my better half and to our builder as to why I do not want light bars in the master bath. See below.




Who would have thought it would be so tough to convince a few guys about some lights? I used inspirational pictures from interior designer's websites, Restoration Hardware, Pottery Barn, etc.



Ooooooo... Ahhhhhhhh...  



BUT, nothing was getting through! Come on guys, I'm the one that really needs the light for makeup. Thanks to HGTV Design 101 I found some written explanation (AND a picture) as to why light bars are out and over-sized mirrors, sconces, and interesting fixtures are in. Woo hoo!

"Just by swapping out old light fixtures for decorative new sconces and a dramatic chandelier, and adding some accent lighting, you can update the personality, not to mention the functionality, of your bath."



Finally, I win! Sure hope I am right, or else I will never hear the end of it. How have you overcome the battle of the light bars in your bathrooms?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...